Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Get Your Students Envolved!


How to get students (middle school and high school) involved with your children?

To get your students involved with kids, they must have a passion for kids. What good will it do to have students in the service with your kids if the students are just going to stand around texting and talking to their friends? It won't help the kids at all. In fact, it will tear the kids away from the service and take rip them away from God's glory. Your students need a leader/ role model. No one likes to venture out by themselves or just jump right into the deep end of a pool right? You should have a youth pastor and/ or a children's pastor encourage the youth. Invite them to change kids’ lives. What impact they make will be their decision. One thing that I have noticed with my journey on leading with 252 kids is this: Todd Graham has mentored me and pushed me to my limits giving me the position of worship leader for 252 kids. By this, I have learned to work with not only kids who I love and adore and have a passion for but also to work with adults and students my own age. I have also had the opportunity to go to the Orange Conference in April 2012 and tour different churches to see how they do kids church and see if they are involved with their kids' lives. The conference was life changing. Not only did it help me think of kids differently and how to rethink and lead differently, but it has also made me realize my reality. The first thing I would suggest doing is encourage your students to help you lead the kids. Give them a task to do and let them do it to their best ability. Let them know they are appreciated and always complement them before you give a correction. HAHA! At least that is what I have realized Todd does. :)


http://ebcfamily.org/familyministries/252kids

No comments:

Post a Comment